TOS409 Dickinson House and Saw Mill, 1871 - The Other Side TV

Extra Research for Season 4 – Episode 9 – This Little One

Business partners Moss Kent Dickinson (1822-1897) and Joseph Merrill Currier (1820-1884) built and established Watson’s Mill in 1860, 7 years before Queen Victoria gave royal assent for Canada’s union on 1 July 1867. Dickinson and Currier also established and named the village of Manotick after an Ojibwe word meaning “island in the river.” A sawmill […]

Read More