The Other Side is a 13-part half-hour documentary series that follows a team of paranormal investigators who, with the guidance of an Aboriginal Elder, seek the truth behind real life ghost stories and the most unsettled spirits on the Canadian prairies.
SEASON 4 TRAILER:
BEHIND THE SCENES:
ONSCREEN TEAM BIOS:
Jeff Richards, Intuitive
Jeff is a busy father of four little boys, but he’s also a well-known mentalist and intuitive. His extremely sensitive readings of people amaze audiences and drive listeners to his paranormal radio show. But even more amazing is his ability to juggle the demands of parenting with the constant and pervasive contact with the unseen. While it’s sometimes mentally and spiritually draining, he chooses to keep sharing his gift and forging ahead – with one foot planted firmly in this world and one in The Other Side.
Michaella Shannon, Investigator
Michaella’s encounters with death have driven her to pursue as many life-affirming activities as she can squeeze into one young life – working on suicide prevention, addictions awareness and self esteem with young people. But behind all the activity, a question mark still burns. While her career path moves her toward criminal law, there’s a path running parallel to it, searching for answers. She’s composed on the surface – but get to know her on The Other Side, and you’ll see there are depths of character to explore.
Tom Charles, Elder & Spiritual Guide
Legend has it that Tom’s skill as a tracker in the North doesn’t just come from experience – his keen intuition seems to come from somewhere else entirely. Every search is an attempt to heal the gaping wound of loss and bring answers to those who desperately need them. Tom keeps the show on its true path with his quiet determination to bind up loose ends and bring peace to the living and the dead.
PRODUCTION TEAM BIOS:
Jennifer Podemski, Producer
Jennifer Podemski is an award winning, Gemini nominated actress and producer born and raised in Toronto, Canada. Since beginning her professional career at the age of 14, Jennifer has achieved great success as an actor in film, television and theatre. Best known for her roles in Bruce McDonald’s acclaimed feature film Dance Me Outside, CBC’s The Rez and Riverdale, Jennifer has maintained a presence in front of the camera for more than 25 years. Since 1999, she has spent most of her time working behind the camera as a producer, writer and director. First, as Co-Founder and Executive Producer at Big Soul Productions, an aboriginal owned and operated production company that she founded with Laura Milliken. In 2005, Jennifer branched out on her own and founded Redcloud Studios, an independent production company.
Wally Start & Bob Crowe, Producers
Wally and Bob are Creative Producers who guide The Other Side from story to screen. As the principals of Angel Entertainment they are responsible for many projects in development, production and post on an ongoing basis. Their dramatic and factual television series have been sold into more than 30 countries around the world, and their feature films have screened at festivals in France, Belgium, the US and Canada. Most recently, Angel’s feature film Big Muddy premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Sadly, Bob Crowe passed away suddenly in December of 2017. His vision and legacy will continue to be carried on by Wally Start, and the employees of Angel Entertainment and Bamboo Shoots.
Saxon de Cocq, Director
When Saxon isn’t working with commercial clients, he keeps busy by writing, directing and editing his own short films. Saxon’s most recent short film, The Invincible Sgt. Bill, aired on CBC in the spring of 2017. Over the last two seasons Saxon has had the privilege to travel across Canada directing a number of episodes of the nationally broadcasted TV series, The Other Side.
Francis Laliberte, Director
Francis Laliberte is a Media Artist of Cree decent who started work writing, directing, and editing videos that addressed the topics of Suicide Prevention, Addictions, and Healing. Three of his short films have won 5 film festival awards. He has experience in movies, tv, and commercials as a Production Assistant, Grip, Digital Imaging Technician, Assistant Director, and Director.
Luke Hutton, Director
Whether as a Director, Editor, DP or Writer, Luke has been crafting award-winning visual stories for nearly 2 decades. He is a graduate of the the University of Southern California’s world-renowned School of Cinema-Television and his directing credits include series drama, series documentary, long form broadcast documentaries, music videos, museum installations, reality TV, and TV ads. In addition to his work in the field Luke is currently a full time professor of film production and screenwriting at Niagara College where he helps a new generation of filmmakers craft award-winning work.
TOS IN THE NEWS:
- Hosts of The Other Side bring their paranormal activity to the set of InFocus, APTN, Nov 2018
- Paranormal docuseries The Other Side heads to season five, Playback, May 2018
- Looking for ghosts in Native places, Native America Calling, Nov 2016
- APTN’s The Other Side explores more ghostly stories in revamped Season 3, TV Eh?, Oct 2016
- Video contest encourages youth to submit film about afterlife, Eagle Feather News, Jun 2016
- Popular TV series brings respectful approach to investigations, Eagle Feather News, Nov 2015
- Crossing over to The Other Side, CTV Saskatoon, Oct 2015
- Jeff Richards, host of APTN’s “The Other Side” joins us to set up season two of the series, CTV News, Oct 2015
- A live-streamed paranormal investigation event prepares viewers for second season of THE OTHER SIDE, Channel Canada, Oct 2015
- Investigating the paranormal, CTV Saskatoon, Oct 2015
- A Prairie Haunting: Other Side back for season two, Star Phoenix, Oct 2015
- Exploring the Paranormal, Global Saskatoon, Oct 2015
- Live-stream of paranormal investigation launches S2 of APTN’s The Other Side, TV Eh?, Oct 2015
- Season 2 of The Other Side Returns Oct. 31st to APTN, TV Eh?, Oct 2015
- Canadian paranormal investigators spooked on Halloween shoot, Playback, Oct 2014
- Paranormal team investigates Saskatoon’s Park Town Hotel, CBC, Oct 2014
- Une équipe d‘enquêteurs paranormaux à l’hôtel Park Town de Saskatoon, Radio Canada, Oct 2014
- Regina Morning Live with Jeff Richards, CTV Regina, Oct 2014
- TV crew goes in search of ghosts at Park Town Hotel, Global News, Oct 2014
- The spirits move them…again and again, Winnipeg Free Press, Sept 2014
- APTN wants prairie paranormal stories, Eagle Feather News, Mar 2014
- Paranormal investigator Jeff Richards, CBC Regina, Morning Edition, Jan 2014
- The Other Side explores the haunted places of Western Canada, Metro, Nov 2012
- APTN turns to “The Other Side,” Real Screen, Oct 2011
- The Other Side – Season III Wraps Shooting in Western Canada – June 22, 2016
- TOS Web Series Contest Press Release – June 16, 2016
- The Other Side II – TV Launch Media Release – October 16, 2015